by Femi Olaseni
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. (John 14:1-2)
This statement of Jesus to His followers suggests that there will be occasions for
trouble. This means things will happen that will challenge your comfort and
peace. Could be sickness, danger, grief, lack, betrayal, hurt….
Jesus said, let not your heart be troubled, Believe in God, Believe also
If you have ever taken the time to observe a 2- or 3-year-old relate to his or her parents, it may help illustrate what Jesus was driving at here.
● Whenever he/she is hungry
– he is not troubled by it, he goes to his parents
● When the child is not feeling
good, He runs to the parent without any trouble
● When he is in danger,
he knows to run to his parents without thinking about it
● When he messed up or make mess, he runs to his parents for help
● He knows to COMPLETELY
DEPEND on his parents for his every situation and need.
He is the most secure – when he is with his parents – Why is that?
He Believes his parents can do anything, He believes His parents can make anything happen and he knows his parents love him and will make it happen for him anyhow. He is
not worried about anything, he just trusts his parents. He trusts his parents Absolutely. This absolute trust at any given moment is called Faith. The child has faith in his parents.
If you do not have faith in something, you cannot deal in faith with it. For instance, if
you do not believe a chair will hold you up, you will not sit on it. In the same vein, if you do not have faith in God or His Word, you cannot walk in faith with Him. We must have faith first to walk in faith.
Luke 18:17 King James Version
17 Verily I say unto you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Do not let your heart be troubled believe in God, Believe also in me Trouble in this context means primarily to be uncertain!
When you are uncertain
1. You cannot help but be agitated, troubled (movement to and fro), this will cause:
● Inner commotion
● Anxiety, fear, and distress.
Like a child we are encouraged to be certain, undaunted, knowing that God will come through no matter what. We are God’s Children, not God’s adults.
Galatians 3:26 says “all of us in Christ Jesus are children of God”
Children of God are given the similar prescription 4 times in the Bible to live by FAITH.
Faith Injections for Today
● Be aware and confident in your identity as a Child of God.
● Know that God loves you and He is for you.
● Renew your love for the reading of God’s Word (Who you are, what you have, and can do).
● Hold on to those Words and keep declaring them (Even in the face of difficulty or danger).
● Obey Gods instruction to Love others.
Be Grateful to God always.
Thank you for your support of Evident Faith Ministries. (put giving link here).
For more information on Evident Faith Ministries please visit our website at evidentfaith.org.