When things are not going as you planned, we really have two options:
- Accept the situation and do nothing
- Stand up and fight back
Are you at a place in your life where you feel like you are at the end of your strength?
You do not know what it is to have fullness of Joy? Or,
you realize there is more for you, but you just don’t feel equipped to do it?
Are you weary and worn, trying to make things happen, but to no avail?
If any of this sounds familiar, you are not alone…
The truth is this, just like there is a PAUSE and a REFRESH on your electronic device there is always refreshment in the presence of God, when we take the time to PAUSE.
In His presence there is fullness of Joy and at His right-hand pleasures forever more. (Psalm 16:11)
Let’s break this down:
The word, “refresh” simply means, to give new strength or energy; to reinvigorate.
Do you need refreshment in your life?
God is willing and ready to meet you where you are, only if you will reach out and ASK:
When life events are happening simultaneously: Overdue bills, health issues, relationship issues and so on.
These challenges can cause you to be tired, and lose your rhythm, stability, and focus.
“The primary strategy of the enemy is to create situations that cause you to be fatigued in loving, praying, confessing the word, serving God, and being a witness for Jesus.”
But thanks be to God, we are not ignorant of his devices (2 Corinthians 2:11.)
Even if you are going through a divorce, family separation, financial strain, or a health crisis, God is saying, “I have restoration for you in ways you never imagined or thought of, the only thing you must do is just PAUSE and come to me and I will REFRESH you.
Do not hesitate, to rebel against the thought that said I will not listen to you or rescue you. So come!”
What a loving father, our Lord is. He is always beckoning for us to come and each time we come to him, we are refreshed hallelujah!
So, if you find yourself out of rhythm, just struggling, it is time to act. It is time to change your mind and return to Him:
Acts 3:19 (NKJV)19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
Here is how we press PAUSE and hit REFRESH as believers:
Repent and be converted(Let God’s word do it). Change your mind and return home to God’s Grace and Truth (Matthew 11:27-28)
- Confess your sins (Known and unknown) and let Him blot them out. (When you confess is not when God found out about it, but when you confess is when you got rid of it, amen!). Sins such as incessant anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, and or the sin of not confessing Jesus as Lord.
- Spend time in Prayer daily, asking the Holy Spirit to show you what you need to see and teach you what you need to know, and the actions you need to take regarding your situation. Pray in faith believing… (James 1:5-6; Mark 11:22-25)
- Be obedient to God’s instructions, do whatever He tells you to do, no matter how crazy it seems (John 2:5)
- Be Grateful to God NOW. Not what you see, or feel but faith is your evidence that everything is going to be all right as He promised
I declare and decree now in the name of Jesus that the weapon of the enemy that causes weakness and instability will not prosper over your life! Say AMEN (Isaiah 54:17.)
If you can trust God and do these things, it will bring you to a place where instead of things shaking you, you are the ones shaking things!
This is what refreshment looks like, being strengthened, and reinvigorated in the presence of God.
Pastor Femi Olaseni
Thank you for your support of Evident Faith Ministries. (put giving link here).
For more information on Evident Faith Ministries please visit our website at evidentfaith.org.